Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ah Sunday....I love the laid back day of the week

Friday night went well for the Trick or Treaters. We gave out about 60 hot dogs. Here's how it usually went:



  1. Most kids initially obeyed their parents telling them not to eat while trick or treating - "there are bad people out there who will put stuff into your candy - I HAVE to inspect it first!" Sooo... they were reluctant to take a freshly grilled hot dog from a strange lady. If they had a little one with them (let's say around 3 or 4), the tike wanted a dog right away. The older ones would wait for the younger one to be a "taste tester" and if they didn't drop over dead, they would take one too.

  2. Or the funniest one of the night...A group of about 15 kids came down the street with a van following them. We live at the end of a col-de-sac, so the van just sat in front of our house while the treaters hit the other houses. They then came to ours....as they were standing in front of me, we heard from the van..."Hey, get me one with mustard!" I guess driving around causes hunger!

Next year, I going to use our big grill! Our little grill did a good job but I was bent over cooking and my back is KILLING me!


Yesterday, I was at PetSmart on Sawmill with a little Black and Tan bunny named Rosie from the Capital Area Humane Society. We are at this pet store the first Saturday of every month from 10 until 2. Yesterday, we were outside because there wasn't a "good" spot for us inside. Rosie was great giving it her all (including binkees at the appropriate times) trying to find a forever home. There was one person that was really interested in her and after talking to her, I was interested in adopting Rosie to her. I hope she either sends me an e-mail or comes to the shelter to take her home.



Rabbits are really hard to place in a good home. People need to have done some thorough investigation of rabbits as pets or have had them before (or currently) for me to have a good feeling about placing them. We have had a few returned back to the shelter in the past year...usually because the owner doesn't have time for them (they need attention) or they moved and their new landlord doesn't allow pets (why would you move there????). I've been very lucky, I have placed 7 buns in the past 2 1/2 years and none have been returned.


The game plan for this week is to get through work without a major problem. Jim comes back to work on the 10th - YIPEEE!

No comments: