Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On The Night Shift

I worked night shift last night. About 2 o'clock on Monday, we got a call off. Ann-Marie called around and got Roz to come in and work 7p-11p (Thanks Roz!) but no takers for the 11p-7a shift so I sucked it up and volunteered. Just a few problems with that - 1 being sleep. Guinness and I were to start the 2nd level of agility at 8:30 so sleep was pretty silly to even attempt. I went into work at 11 without taking a nap. Probably, not very smart but we were busy and the night went pretty fast.

After work, I went over to Blacklick for my daily walk. Let me tell you - it was COLD! I'm sure it was in the low teens! As I was walking the trail, I came upon some guy in grey sweat pants fussing around a fallen tree. As I approached, he picked up a log and started lifting it over his head. Pretty much gave me the creeps (could also be that I hadn't slept for 26+ hours). I talked to Momma when I got home; she thought I should have reported the weirdo (?). I probably should of but....

After the walk, I got home, talked to Momma, took a shower and hit the rack. 6 hours later, here I am! Problem is I still pretty sleepy but I don't want to go back to bed in fear that I won't sleep tonight. Oh Night Shift how you perplex me!

I think I'll get on the couch and play Animal Crossing - my new addiction!

Later...

No comments: