Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A New Job

I'm the new Respiratory Therapy Manager! YIPPEEEEEE! I think!!!???

I received the offer on Friday afternoon and after thinking about it over the weekend, I gave them a call Monday morning. Now the hard work has started! I have to help the Day Shift Supervisor understand everything that I did as the Clinical Coordinator. This is proving to be a challenge since she doesn't have a lot of experience using the software that I find very easy to use. I'm now making instruction sheets on how to obtain the report, verifying the information and then putting in a format that the data can be manipulated. Plus, I'm still answering questions, following up on problems that I'm in the middle of and not letting my head explode! My current Director is trying to keep me in the loop about getting my current position approved for posting. Oh Boy!

I know I made the right decision. As my boss told me, my current boss's boss has "a hard-on to get rid of my position!" I guess I shouldn't be surprised, she never did understand what I did. Of course, she probably also thinks that the Respiratory Fairy created and compiled all the stupid reports she and others wanted. I feel sorry for the Day Shift Supervisor because I think she's going to be doing a 2 person job because of the "all other assigned duties" clause in her job description.

To greater and better things! My start date is June 8th...I can't wait!

Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, PJ! Best of luck with the new position!
Love ya!