Friday, December 26, 2008

Bad News Always Comes In 3's

On Christmas Eve, I got a call from Momma saying that my cousin Tim had died. It was crushing news :( Tim was a wonderful husband and father. He was also Sean's Confirmation sponsor. I haven't prayed so hard as I have in the past days. I know he has joined Sean in heaven but I can't help but feel that God cheated his family...very selfish on my part but I sometimes think that people need loved ones here more than God needs them. I'll work out those feelings but right now I'm very sad.

I found out today of 2 more deaths...

Liz Crossman (Ehrenberg), mom passed away on the 23rd. Liz was my best friend in high school and her mom was a sweet lady. She put up with a lot of crap from Liz and me! Her funeral is on Monday.

I also found out that Larry Taza died last week. Larry was the father of Christopher, a friend and classmate of Sean's throughout grade and high school. Larry was a very giving guy who used to to do neck squeezes - they were great! His funeral is also on Monday.

Sunday will be a busy and sad day for us. We'll start off with a mass for Sean at 0700 at St. Patrick and then we'll be visiting funeral homes to pay our respects.

Requiem aeternam dona ei,
Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei.
Requiescat in pace.
Amen
Later...

No comments: