Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween 2008

Gary and I got an early start this morning and went Halloween shopping. I know, I said I hate to shop and this remains true but if there are a few purchases involved, it is at least tolerable.

We had to get a few things for Gizmo first...mostly hay...rabbits have to have it and we buy the biggest bags we can find.

Then we headed over to Target and found some really sweet things...a fogger that is water based, a voice and motion skeleton head, a coffin mister (with smoke) and some pre-designed pumpkins. We also purchased two disposable grills. This year, I'm cooking hot dogs instead of giving out candy. I figure, if I have to be outside freezing, I might as well have a fire (see my post below about my love of fire). I hope the kids like them and the parents don't freak out - you know the crazies and putting crap into Halloween treats.

We then went to Hobby Lobby and picked up some carvable fake pumpkins. I'm going to get on line and see if I can find some sweet stencils. Any ideas? We were thinking "the Little Fighting Irish Guy," a scary face and something else. I've got a handheld Drummel with a saw blade so I'm hoping it will be easy.

Finally, we headed to Strader's and got the real things. Gary's planning on using the pumpkins all season. He picked up some corn stalks and we'll leave the pumpkins uncarved for Thanksgiving.

Well, I've got crap to do.

Later...

No comments: