Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm officially dead tired

Well, the first day of Respiratory Education Days is in the books...I'm pooped! I saw 8 of the hospital's finest today; I started work today at 0600 and left at 2030. 8 down -40 to go... I hope business picks up tomorrow 'cause the last two days will be hell...I'm really glad the Day Shift Supervisor is helping (Thanks Ann-Marie). The educational design that we came up with only works with a maximum of 4 therapist split between the 2 of us. The good news is that what we thought would take 3 hours actually takes about 2! That makes the bossman (Jim) very happy. You know about what a happy bossman means....that's right...less hassle for the Clinical Coordinator!

I haven't written for a few days. Here's some highlights (or low lights):

Sunday, I spent most of the day in bed...some sort of GI problem. I'm still not really over it but medication makes it tolerable.

Monday, I went over to the Momma's house for her 79th birthday. Fred and Karen came over too. Me and my bro clipped her dog, Guinness' toenails - I hope she realized that was my present to her - haha! That dog can triple it's legs and head when it comes to clipping. She's a squirmer. Poor thing has to have her head covered with a towel just to do about 5 minutes of work! After the clipping, I work on Mom's wireless system...had to increase her security because they think they've got a moocher using their network. Got Sue's working but I couldn't get Mom's laptop to connect. I'm going back on Thursday to fix it. It's a good thing they have patience.

Mom has to sell her trailer in Florida. Makes me very sad. She called to see is she could have Guinness in her trailer which is in a "No Pet" section. They said "No." She's been going down there for 30 some years. I guess loyalty does count to the greedy bastards! She has a great place, with good neighbors, great friends and I think Mom does so much better there (the weather in Florida is sooooo much better than here in February). She and Sue are heading down at the end of the month to take a few things and put a "For Sale" sign on it. They're taking Guinness with them. I hope she pees on the "African Queen's" foot! it would serve her right! Do I sound bitter??????

Also yesterday, got the news that a friend, who also winters in Florida, passed away. Poor Archie, I really liked that guy. I will always remember the fun we had on his fishing boat . The last time we went out, it was a blast! We actually had fish jump into the boat - they weren't edible but they sure were fun to try and catch!

Requiem aeternam dona ei,
Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei.
Requiescat in pace.
Amen
With that, I'm heading to bed. I'm back to work at 0600 again.
Later

No comments: